Thursday, September 1, 2011

About Does Suddenlink limit P2P/Bit Torrent bandwidth

Does Suddenlink limit P2P/Bit Torrent bandwidth?
I currently have a 8mb line with Suddenlink (Lubbock, TX) which actually works pretty well surprisingly. I have to admit, my actual speeds are faster than what I'm paying for...I can download at 9mb a sec. So, do they limit bandwidth? I say this because the files that I am downloading (bittorrent) were going at nearly 200kbps when I reset my computer but then drastically dropped to about 20-30kbps. Not only that but my whole internet slows down to a near halt. It took my computer a whole 25 seconds just to get to the Yahoo! login screen! I mean, I guess I answered my own question...but if they in fact do limit bandwidth is this not something I can call and complain about? I mean, for all they know I could be downloading legal public access material...who are they to limit my bandwidth? Plus, like I said it limits my normal net usage too. Does anyone know whats going on and what I can do to fix this issue? It's just kind of upsetting to be paying $65 a month and not do what I want to do
Other - Computers - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, they do! I am a server/network engineer with a local competitor in Lubbock and have done several tests on my friends and family Suddenlink connections which show that Suddenlink is throtteling P2P traffic. If you enable encryption for your torrents then things should speed up. I suggest you contact Suddenlink and tell them how you feel about them deciding how you use your connection.
Read more other entries :
About What is a good place to work at in Lubbock, ... 
About I need help with furniture in the lubbock tx...